Friday 11 December 2009

137 Days To Go

Date & Time : 09/12/09 17:45
Distance : 4.5 miles
Total Training Distance (since beginning Sept 09) : 229 miles
Route : Hall Road, Ipswich Road, Ring Road loop x 2

This was my second training session with Paul Evans and he had us doing interval training. That's running at 90% of your top speed for 1 minute then 40% for 3 or 4 mins, then 90% again for another minute and so on and so forth.

I have to say that even though I was blowing out of my a**e, I did enjoy it and it certainly is a good way to get the heart rate up quickly. Over time the idea is to gradually extend the 'effort' time and reduce the 'recovery' time and your overall speed increases, well that's the theory anyway.

As expected, in December its becoming difficult to stick to a training routine, so I think the best plan is just to keep things ticking over until January. Will try and get in a decent run on Saturday morning and then its the over 40's footie on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment