Sunday 4 October 2009

203 Days To Go

Date & Time : 04/10/09 09:15
Distance : 9 miles
Total Training Distance (since beginning Sept 09) : 57.5 miles
Route : Crown Point Hill, Whittlingham Hall, Big Broad, Home x 2

So pleased with my run today, it's the furthest I've been since doing a half marathon 10 years ago, and I felt pretty good at the end of it, although getting the odd twinge of cramp this afternoon. It was a beautiful morning round by the lake and not too busy either.

Discovering the joys of audiobooks on my iPhone recently has really helped and I find them much better to listen to than music and it really helps me take my mind of the running itself. Just finished Touching The Void (Joe Simpson) and Shawshank Redemption (Stephen King) and now half way through The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown) - I must get something more educational next - maybe Bill Brysons, A Short History of Nearly Everything or something WWII related.

Great game a Carrow Road yesterday, Norwich beating Bristol Rovers 5-2, that's 5 goals in both league games that I have been to this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment