Sunday 31 January 2010

84 Days To Go - Offroading On The Marriotts Way

Date & Time : 31/01/10 10:00
Distance : 14.5 miles
Total Training Distance (since beginning Sept 09) : 340.5 miles
Route & Stats : Drayton and Back, via Marriotts Way

This was more like it, 14.5 miles and it hurt a bit, but nothing like the run I did last Friday.  I was supposed to be running in the Reedham 10m race today but the weather put paid to that, so I decided to get another long run in, only this time I was going to prepare properly.

The preparation certainly helped and I remembered to take my 'Go Gel' with me this time.  I still found it tough going towards the end, but then I suppose that is what training runs are all about.  The route was good and I particularly liked running up the Marriotts Way and it was nice to run off road for a change.   With snow on the ground some of the scenery was beautiful.



Looking ahead to next weekend, I will be aiming for 16 miles, and will probably stay local and do a few laps around Whittlingham Hall and The Big Broad.  The good thing about that is that I'm never more than a few minutes away from a toilet which is becoming an issue on these long runs.  This weeks thanks go to Chapplefield shopping centre for my emergency stop, fortunately there weren't too many shoppers around.

No comments:

Post a Comment